Ormiston Children and Families Trust
Ormiston Children and Families Trust (OCFT) is a charitable company limited by guarantee that delivers more than 30 children-and-family-related projects in East Anglia. It has a yearly income of approximately £6.5m which includes some financial support from Ormiston Trust.
OCFT’s vision is of a society where every child and young person feels valued, safe and free from prejudice, isolation and stigma.
It has four main strategic areas of expertise:
- Community services for isolated and vulnerable children, young people and families
- Children and families affected by imprisonment
- Emotional well-being of children and young people
- Gypsy and Traveller communities
- Children’s Centres: The Trust’s early work preceded the Surestart model by offering cross-agency support for children and their families under one roof, including health advice and childcare. These centres help families in difficult circumstances to give their children the best possible start in life.
- Prisoner Visitor Centres: Over 170,000 children and young people are affected by the imprisonment of a parent or sibling in the UK each year*. In 2003, it set up an innovative partnership with the Lankelly Trust and Prison Services to support improved services for prisoners and their families including counselling, play therapy and parental advice.
- Gypsies and Travellers: Gypsies and travellers are victims of poverty and widespread prejudice. Since 2001, OCFT has worked with over 100 traveller groups to ensure that they enjoy improved access to children’s services.
- Emotional Wellbeing Programme (EWB): There are many reasons that children and young people are at increased risk of experiencing emotional or mental health problems. OCFT offers early intervention and preventative programmes for young people, aged 5 to 16 years whose emotional well-being and mental health may be at risk.
* from Home Office statistics
Click here to find out more about Ormiston Children & Families Trust.
Vacancy for Chief Executive Officer - Ormiston Children and Families Trust
Ormiston Children and Families Trust is looking for a new Chief Executive Officer.
For further information click here to download the full job description.
Closing date for applications: Friday 15th February 2013
Click here for all news.